Olathe, United States. 09 August, 2022 – Garmin Worldwide, Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd., introduced the Enduro-2 ultraperformance multisport GPS smartwatch. Function constructed for endurance athletes, the rugged but light-weight Enduro 2 consists of built-in TopoActive maps with multicontinent protection, a superbright LED flashlight and Garmin’s unique SatIQ know-how to assist optimise battery efficiency. What’s extra, enhanced photo voltaic harvesting gives as much as 46 days in smartwatch mode and as much as 150 hours in GPS mode to outlast the longest extremely race or best journey.
“Ultraperformance athletes know what dedication means, and Enduro 2 is a trusted software that may assist and improve the coaching and restoration course of,” says Dan Bartel, Garmin vp of world client gross sales. “Now with built-in mapping, music, Garmin best-in-class battery life and rising record of efficiency options, Enduro 2 is a must have for any endurance athlete.”
Constructed for the extremes
Crafted with premium supplies for final sturdiness and luxury, Enduro 2 features a light-weight and complicated titanium bezel and rear case, 1.4” Energy Sapphire lens, Ultrafit nylon band for a safe and comfy match, and a brand new touchscreen interface that enhances Garmin’s conventional button controls. In the course of the day, Enduro 2 harnesses the solar’s vitality to supply battery lifetime of as much as 150 hours in GPS mode and as much as 46 days in smartwatch mode. Endurance athletes can preserve trailblazing with confidence lengthy after the solar units due to a brand new dimmable LED flashlight. Enduro 2 incorporates Garmin’s brightest flashlight to this point. Twice as vivid as fenix 7X’s flashlight, it gives an non-obligatory strobe mode to match a runner’s cadence or a purple security gentle mode that permits customers to see and be seen.
With enhanced photo voltaic charging capabilities, Enduro 2’s battery life lasts as much as 40% longer than its predecessor. Constructed to outlast the longest extremely race, Enduro 2 consists of Garmin’s famend navigation functionality, preloaded TopoActive and ski maps, and Multi-band GNSS with SatIQ know-how secures superior positioning accuracy in any atmosphere whereas optimising battery life. Enduro 2’s built-in Wi-Fi connectivity makes it simple for customers to load software program and replace maps with out utilizing a pc.
- NextFork map information reveals the space to the subsequent path intersection, in addition to the identify of the upcoming path, so customers have elevated consciousness of their present location.
- Grade-adjusted tempo helps runners tempo themselves over various terrain by displaying what an equal working tempo can be on flat floor, permitting customers to regulate their tempo and keep stamina all through a race.
- Visible race predictor gives a pacing estimate for upcoming runs based mostly on working historical past and general health degree. This pattern information reveals how coaching is having an influence over time so customers can shut in on that subsequent PR.
- Automated relaxation timer logs breaks throughout ultrarunning races to maintain observe of the time spent shifting or at assist stations, so customers don’t want to fret about pausing their run.
- ARWS-approved journey racing exercise profile tracks coronary heart price, elevation, phase instances and different metrics when the race is on and saves the info for post-race viewing in accordance with journey race guidelines. A abstract display screen even helps confirm a consumer’s end time with the race committee.
Know your physique higher
The brand new Well being Snapshot function will report and generate a report of key stats, together with coronary heart price, coronary heart price variability, Pulse Ox, respiration and stress. Superior options embrace physique battery, health age and sleep monitoring with sleep rating – plus quite a lot of built-in indoor and GPS sports activities apps comparable to mountain biking, swimming, mountaineering, working, golf, yoga and browsing. Enduro 2 leverages these well being metrics in efficiency options like restoration advisor and every day urged exercises to supply customers with the instruments to assist them carry out their greatest.
Whereas in between actions, customers can benefit from Garmin Pay contactless funds and obtain good notifications for calls, texts, calendar reminders, social media updates, breaking information tales and extra when paired with a suitable Android or Apple smartphone. When paired with a smartphone, Enduro 2 can ship a message with a consumer’s stay location to their contacts manually – or routinely throughout choose out of doors actions – with built-in incident detection. For security and monitoring options necessities and limitations, see Garmin.
Enduro 2 is out there now with a urged retail value of [$1099.99 (€1065.33)]. To study extra, go to Garmin.
Engineered on the within for all times on the skin, Garmin claims that the merchandise have revolutionised life for adventurers, athletes, and out of doors lovers in all places. Dedicated to growing services and products that improve experiences and supply peace of thoughts, Garmin believes every single day is a chance to innovate and an opportunity to beat yesterday. For extra info, go to Garmin’s digital Newsroom, e-mail our press workforce, join with @garminoutdoor on social media, or observe our adventures at Garmin.