.NET 6 is launched and it is a LTS launch which implies it’s going to be absolutely and actively supported for the subsequent 3 years. In case you’ve been paused ready for the best time to improve to .NET 6, it is a good time to make the transfer!
The .NET Improve Assistant can take Home windows Types, WPF, ASP.NET MVC, Console Apps, and Libraries and show you how to – interactively – improve them to .NET 6.
- Huge and ongoing efficiency enhancements
- No must depend on .NET being on the consumer’s machine. You may ship you personal model of .NET and embed it inside your EXE! Try Single File Deployment.
- Tons of recent C# 10 options, however they’re optionally available, so your current code works nice however you too can “refactor by way of subtraction” and take a look at issues like implicit usings.
- Elective Profile-guided optimization (PGO) is the place the JIT compiler generates optimized code when it comes to the kinds and code paths which are most often used. This may imply even MORE free efficiency!
- Crossgen2 can dramatically enhance your startup time
- Assist for macOS Arm64 (or “Apple M1 Silicon”) and Home windows Arm64 working programs, for each native Arm64 execution and x64 emulation. As well as, the x64 and Arm64 .NET installers now set up facet by facet. For more information, see .NET Assist for macOS 11 and Home windows 11 for Arm64 and x64.
- Scorching Reload – simply make adjustments and your app adjustments…even should you’re coding in Notepad!
- And tons extra!
Try my .NET Conf 2022 video the place I see what number of locations I can run .NET! Home windows, Linux, Docker, Mac, Raspberry Pi, even a Outstanding 2 eInk pill. Take pleasure in!
Be sure you watch and luxuriate in ALL the nice .NET Conf 2022 movies up on YouTube at present.
Sponsor: Lob’s developer-friendly APIs make it straightforward to ship a letter, test, or postcard, as simply as e-mail. Design dynamic HTML templates to personalize mail for optimum affect. Begin Exploring with Postman!
Scott Hanselman is a former professor, former Chief Architect in finance, now speaker, marketing consultant, father, diabetic, and Microsoft worker. He’s a failed stand-up comedian, a cornrower, and a guide writer.